ASAP Press Curse
I am throwing out this question: Is there a curse with ASAP students giving recommendations in the paper?
I personally believe that there is. It is actually quite unbelievable that First Marblehead, Cheesecake Factory, and Panera Bread have all tanked reverse parabola style after being featured.
Please reverse the curse. I am backing up the truck short next time anyone is in the paper. I have a picture of some little old lady picking up her paper and saying "Golly Pa, lets buy some of that there First Marblehead, these genius students featured it." In six months Ma and Pa can no longer afford their retirement house in Phoenix.
I personally believe that there is. It is actually quite unbelievable that First Marblehead, Cheesecake Factory, and Panera Bread have all tanked reverse parabola style after being featured.
Please reverse the curse. I am backing up the truck short next time anyone is in the paper. I have a picture of some little old lady picking up her paper and saying "Golly Pa, lets buy some of that there First Marblehead, these genius students featured it." In six months Ma and Pa can no longer afford their retirement house in Phoenix.

11 Comments:
It's funny because Martinek and I were joking about that the other day, while eating at California Pizza Kitchen - ACROSS from Cheesecake Factory.
Oh well, live and learn.
Panera is about to make it into my PA very soon. Finally.
Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that the journalist wanted to talk about those stocks. I gave her two choice of trends - GPS, in which I wanted to pump Garmin, but she said "readers will be more interested in the restaurant stocks" and the rest is history.
Wow that damage control response would even impress the Bush Administration...:)
Tapping Revolvers: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060726/bs_nm/food_anheuserbusch_earns_dc_2
Funny that Garmin is getting its ass beat today also.
Awesome. So there you have it: the best contrarian indicator out there. Keep it your secret and you'll make millions!
Matt, the link didn't work.
Wait, GRMN down 1.66% is getting its ass beat?
At any rate, I should have seen the more lumpy expenses coming in PNRA - I did screw that up. That's all anyone wishing for a reason to get out needed.
At least I passed level 1 of the CFA exams. Just proves you don't have to be smart to do so...
Was that a jab at Doug?
Good lord. I do not even want to know that I failed Level 2.
No, not a jab - hadn't even thought about it, actually. Just a comment in passing.
If its worth anything I went to dinner with a buddy and his fionce, who happens to be the heiress to the Panera Bread fortune.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home