Tuesday, September 05, 2006

OID - Arnold Van Den Berg

There is an amazing article in OID that I just received yesterday by Arnold Van Den Berg. I highly recommend it to anyone who cares.

But then again maybe I just like it because I agree with it. When I tell people that I am buying Dell, EBAY, Coke, MSFT and they look at me like I am smoking crack, I realize that they may be exactly why I need to be buying them. Oh well, I'll get off my stump. I am sure someone will tell me why I need to buy Bolivian Silver, or Iraqi Semiconductor or some other bullshit small cap, so they can look smart. But I'll continue to buy Dell at 9x cash flow and negative net working capital and look like a moron.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jas said...

I'm with you on eBay and Coke.

8:12 AM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

eBay is muy bueno.

Hey I have a question for one of y'all graduates about 603 - Financial Statement Analysis. Should I take it? Wild is teaching it this semester, but currently I'm in undergrad intermediate accounting...not sure if I should switch, or move over and take M&A with seward...

HELP!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Fresh said...

FSA sucked for us, but I think it was largely because of professor. Take a look at the text book and decide based on that, as I think Wild is a perfectly good teacher.

He'll teach you how to find some big potatoes!

12:34 PM  
Blogger blog_name said...

Take Muklow's (Sp?) class. FSA603 depends on your accounting comfort. Personally, having taken a undergrad course last year I think you would be very frustrated with some of the questioning you get from them. That's not a ripe on them but a fact due to the education level. I would avoid the class but also agree with Doug about looking at the book. You will also want to understand how much Wild will actually follow the book or is it going to be a large paperweight. Lastly, if Wild wrote the book then run for the door.

4:18 PM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

I agree take Muklow. I also would take MBS class if it is offered. I would skip any accounting class offered if you do not need credits. You will learn more taking the CFA than any accounting class offered at Wisconsin.

8:15 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

Thanks guys

I dropped the accounting. I'm in Security Analysis this semester, as Mucklow's not doing it next semseter. I plan on taking FSA and Mello's international finance next semester.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Odoacer said...

Security Analysis with Mucklow got me a job...

11:18 AM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

sweet!

Hey, who taught Financial Statement Analysis for you guys? Mucklow's on the roster for Spring...is that bad?

4:36 PM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

Short the accounting classes. Spend your time reading 10ks instead.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home