ELY BABY!!!!
You know it really doesn't upset you as much when you are way off (aka your sales and EPS est.'s were 20% below what was reported) in your estimates on the low side; its kind of funny because by definition your forecast was way off but everyone seems to pat you on the back when a company destroys estimates the way ELY did last night. The stock market rewards you with a 12% up day when most of the market was down, your pms congratulate you, but by all means you were still wrong.....hell since we own 15% of the firm on my recommendation I guess this time I was happy to be wrong.

5 Comments:
Better to be wrong and make money than be right and lose money.
I saw that number and knew that you hit it out the box. Good call.
I think computers are tanking again. Some computer companies I follow went down today and crappy companies did well. Hence computers.
3 for Friday.
Can someone talk me out of buying GCI on Monday? TV gets 13 times. So what if this spits off 600 MM instead of 1 Billion. I get a 4% dividend. I am backed by TV. I'm in. Hold for 5 years. I bet this is a 3 bagger.
4 for Friday:
Say what you want on Kudlow. But he just had A. Laffer, Wayne Angel, et al on. An amazing cast of characters.
I admit that Laffer was a hero of mine, but he just said that the fed should cut 50 bps. What a douche. Can you imagine what gold will do, let alone wheat, oil, corn, silver, beans, suger. Amazing. This is insanity. 50 BPS.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home