Doug: are you saying that canada is irrelevant? the Loonie is trading at 1.10 fiat dollars. not to mention, Canada exports really good hockey players (which helped UW win a national championship)
I think they're essentially irrelevant. They're sitting on a nice supply of natural resources which I imagine we will be the primary benefactor of (we'll probably help make a few of their businessmen exceedingly wealthy along the way). But as a whole, yes... I think Canada is irrelevant.
I disagree with Canada comment; the CAD will become more valuable than the dollar soon. They have a balanced budget. They have a trade surplus. They are sitting on what might be the largest deposit of oil in the world. They have very little debt. I am long Canada and short the US>
9 Comments:
Why did Greenland get left out? What about Central America? Isn't that technically "North America?" How do you replicate the EU with only 3 countries?
Hasn't anyone ever heard of NAFTA? Am I missing something? We already are the EU.
Doug,
Your argument has too much granularity too it; gross number of countries has nothing to do with the model smartass.
Anyways, I am not making any conclusions one way or another but I think this is a little weird.
Does this mean we get to win the Ryder Cup again or anything on the international front for that matter.
My model? I was just asking the question. I think its curious that they got the shaft.
The U.S. is the E.U. all by itself. How does combining forces with two other countries that are essentially irrelevant really change that?
Doug: are you saying that canada is irrelevant? the Loonie is trading at 1.10 fiat dollars. not to mention, Canada exports really good hockey players (which helped UW win a national championship)
-Paul
Canadian hockey players are a good export.
I think they're essentially irrelevant. They're sitting on a nice supply of natural resources which I imagine we will be the primary benefactor of (we'll probably help make a few of their businessmen exceedingly wealthy along the way). But as a whole, yes... I think Canada is irrelevant.
I disagree with Canada comment; the CAD will become more valuable than the dollar soon. They have a balanced budget. They have a trade surplus. They are sitting on what might be the largest deposit of oil in the world. They have very little debt. I am long Canada and short the US>
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home