GO DEMOCRATS!!!!
While I am a libertarian at heart, I think it is funny that I found myself cheering for the Democrats. However, I began to think and realized that the guys in gov't in the past were really democrats also its just that they spent like Democrats w/out taking in the necessary revenue - this is why our debt has gone parabolic since Bush and Co. entered office. And people say that Republicans are good businessmen; more like good gangsters that do whatever they want without any respect for the larger society out there. People complain that the taxes should be kept the same, the minimum wage should stay the same, and that asset prices should continue to increase. I think that the amplitude of excess off trend currently marks an all time high length, and that it is only natural to have a reversion back to order. Unfortunately, this may mean things get ugly before better like all cyclical patterns. Finally, I would like to let you all know that republicans have spent more and created more debt in the last 35 yrs, and actually it was during Clinton's tax raising years that the economy and the markets were the strongest. The guy was able to balance the budget, create a strong economy (please save yourself the energy of replying to me if you are going to give me the voodoo about Ronald Reagan having any effect on the 90s as I will respond in force)all while raising taxes.
So in the name of change and checks and balances, I say Long Obama, Short Rumsfeld to Bankruptcy.
So in the name of change and checks and balances, I say Long Obama, Short Rumsfeld to Bankruptcy.

7 Comments:
Good god. A true Libertarian believes in low taxes, low government spending, and, generally, a low level of government interference in our lives.
And you're long Obama? Here's a democrat that is pro defense (spending), pro transfer payments to seniors (spending), pro an increase in law enforcement (spending), pro environment (spending), pro homeland security (spending), and pro education (spending).
He's big government in every sense of the word.
Look, those are all better ways of spending than BUSH's spending. And I gurantee it won't be the same level of spending. Environment spending is good spending, security spending is good spending, education spending is really really good spending as it is an investment in the future of the country, law enforcement i have no opinion on, and defense spending is good to protect our dollar - as that is all it is backed by not our economy.
I am a libertarian with no representation, so given the environment as it is I choose him over Bush.
Your argument is too hypothetical, its like saying I only buy cheap assets, but if there are no cheap assets relative to history than you need to be cheap assets relative to other assets today. Obama isn't ideal but he is better relative to Bush.
My dog is better relative to Bush
He's the same as Bush, he just spends on different things. What do you think your boy Ron Paul thinks of Obama?
There are better choices. For instance, John McCain.
I'm never voting again or giving a shit about politics. I hope Michael Moore is elected president. Who cares?
Ben, don't talk about politics or religion.
I wish I could follow my own advice on that. I am learning on the politics, now if I could only learn about the religion piece. Jesus never existed? Doh.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
good point matt, sorry for the political comment.
only context for religious / political comments should be investment or ecnomic based.
I apologize to the blog; i was actually involved this year as I was down in TN at the Harold Ford Jr. concession party.. fucking democrats win everywhere except for racist ass tennessee.
Ford was such a better candidate, but he was black. Too bad for those people.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home