Is Dow Jones reading our blog?
The journal looks really ridiculous to me now. It looks like an kid version of the old journal. Did anyone see the size cut. Good god.
For all those who remember my May post:
My dog and I are big fans of the Journal and Barrons for that matter. I recently renewed my student subscription for 2 years for approx. $150. In an era of invisible high inflation* this has to be the best deal that I have ever seen. I would possibly pay $150 just for home delivery for two years. The unsubsidized prices are also cheap. With the shitty USA Today selling at $0.75 at stands, and with other newspapers cutting size and using cheap paper, Dow Jones either has to raise their prices, have more advertising, or have a crappy product. Honestly, I believe the Jornal is pretty quality, so I think their is possibly room for all three. I am recommending that ASAP buyout the Journal and implement a cost cutting strategy.
For all those who remember my May post:
My dog and I are big fans of the Journal and Barrons for that matter. I recently renewed my student subscription for 2 years for approx. $150. In an era of invisible high inflation* this has to be the best deal that I have ever seen. I would possibly pay $150 just for home delivery for two years. The unsubsidized prices are also cheap. With the shitty USA Today selling at $0.75 at stands, and with other newspapers cutting size and using cheap paper, Dow Jones either has to raise their prices, have more advertising, or have a crappy product. Honestly, I believe the Jornal is pretty quality, so I think their is possibly room for all three. I am recommending that ASAP buyout the Journal and implement a cost cutting strategy.

5 Comments:
They announced they were reducing the size early in Dec or late in Nov. That is always a neat trick when you reduce the content and keep the price the same.
So they opted for the crappy product?
the financial times is still the same size...the paper for grown up investors.
Larry Livingston, see comments in previous post "Murders up in New York, other big cities"
Couldn't agree more on the FT, although sometimes I find myself reading too much on how Putin wants to hold the world hostage but its enjoyable reading for finance geeks like us.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home