although murders are up in NYC, violent crime is down in NYC. But the rest of the country violent crime is up... technically, i would take it as a SELL signal, but I would want to know that the decrease in NYC violent crime was a result of situational things (i.e. higher enforcement, etc)
New York’s overall fall in crime also contrasts with an increase nationwide. According to a report by the F.B.I., violent crime across the country rose 3.7 percent during the first half of the year. Dallas remained the country’s most violent city, with 3,985 crimes per 100,000 people, according to the midyear report, while New York ranked 10th with 1,1,87 per 100,000.
2 Comments:
Yes, it is the first "uptick" in crime rates. You would sell when we have the next downtick.
although murders are up in NYC, violent crime is down in NYC. But the rest of the country violent crime is up... technically, i would take it as a SELL signal, but I would want to know that the decrease in NYC violent crime was a result of situational things (i.e. higher enforcement, etc)
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/01/nyregion/01crime.html?_r=1&em&ex=1167800400&en=ba098e7dcea7d237&ei=5087%0A&oref=slogin
New York’s overall fall in crime also contrasts with an increase nationwide. According to a report by the F.B.I., violent crime across the country rose 3.7 percent during the first half of the year. Dallas remained the country’s most violent city, with 3,985 crimes per 100,000 people, according to the midyear report, while New York ranked 10th with 1,1,87 per 100,000.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home