We have a new winner.
I crown myself champion. All the bullshit funds that I pitched this to, that thought I was on crack. All the people that told me the "carry" was too high to short the common and long the A shares can swing from my sack.
7 point higher move on the A. Read it and weap fellas.
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc. Tuesday said it's agreed to acquire Bandag Inc. BDG50.31, +5.27, +11.7%) for about $1.05 billion. The deal values each class of Bandag stock at $50.75 per share. Bridgestone expects the deal to close either late in the first quarter or early in the second quarter. Shares of Bandag, a Muscatine, Iowa-based maker of tire retreading materials and equipment that posted worldwide sales of $921 million in 2005, closed Monday at $45.04, up 2.7%.
7 point higher move on the A. Read it and weap fellas.
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc. Tuesday said it's agreed to acquire Bandag Inc. BDG50.31, +5.27, +11.7%) for about $1.05 billion. The deal values each class of Bandag stock at $50.75 per share. Bridgestone expects the deal to close either late in the first quarter or early in the second quarter. Shares of Bandag, a Muscatine, Iowa-based maker of tire retreading materials and equipment that posted worldwide sales of $921 million in 2005, closed Monday at $45.04, up 2.7%.

4 Comments:
Bottom line is that this is pure alpha. No preservatives. I just made 2 thousand riskless dollars for a deal that I was getting paid an excess dividend to hold. Thank you capital markets for being retarded.
God bless me. You have to take them when you can get them. The lotto ticket paid out. I honestly cannot believe this occured.
Thank you Paul for going with me to the shop and talking to the operator, about the business. And buying him a gift certficate to BW3. And sending him a thank you card.
Thank You BDG CFO for taking my calls, and telling me "We would have to put that up for shareholder" whatever that means, considering the A class could not even vote.
Thank you Nicholas Funds, for not being able to see a good idea if it hit you with a 2x4. Keep punching your clock, and leaving at 3:30. Never come up with an original idea.
What is $2,000/Zero. I'm not a mathematician, but they may be infinite return.
Anyways I'm done.
whatever, the best call was Matt and Paul not driving down to Chicago to pick up 5,000 oz of Dec-05 silver for $5.90/oz. The second best is Matt Kelly cancelling his 10 NFLX calls @ $10.00.
What are we NOT doing now?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home