Tamer - your old boss has been watching me on Boom-burg TV all morning. He is scaring me. Hopefully this excessive TV exposure will allow him to be able to stop sending me junk mail.
I caught a snippet on Bloomberg's website. You would not believe the amount of makeup they must have needed to put on him to make him presentable. I barely recognized him. Somebody finally applied the phrase,"put some lipstick on that pig..."
From what I heard, performance there has not been so great. Since the salesmen can no longer hype performance, the great man needs to come down from the mountain and grace us with his presence. Unfortunately, that means more, not less.
It was interesting that he mentioned he has a new book coming out. I would rush out and buy it...after you have read every other credible business book known to man.
PS. You think it is bad watching him on TV, imagine having to work with him for 4 years. Oh no, I am having a bad flashback coming on!!!!!
"Among economic scholars, Milton Friedman had no peer. The direct and indirect influences of his thinking on contemporary monetary economics would be difficult to overstate. Just as important, in his humane and engaging way, Milton conveyed to millions an understanding of the economic benefits of free, competitive markets, as well as the close connection that economic freedoms bear to other types of liberty. He will be sorely missed."
6 Comments:
I caught a snippet on Bloomberg's website. You would not believe the amount of makeup they must have needed to put on him to make him presentable. I barely recognized him. Somebody finally applied the phrase,"put some lipstick on that pig..."
From what I heard, performance there has not been so great. Since the salesmen can no longer hype performance, the great man needs to come down from the mountain and grace us with his presence. Unfortunately, that means more, not less.
It was interesting that he mentioned he has a new book coming out. I would rush out and buy it...after you have read every other credible business book known to man.
PS. You think it is bad watching him on TV, imagine having to work with him for 4 years. Oh no, I am having a bad flashback coming on!!!!!
Superstocks was such a revolutionary publication. It changed the way America invests. I wonder how you can possibly follow that up?
You know he invented the price to sales ratio...
And we created the cartwright margin...so there.
Nice. The Cartwright margin (AKA operating margin).
Bernanke:
"Among economic scholars, Milton Friedman had no peer. The direct and indirect influences of his thinking on contemporary monetary economics would be difficult to overstate. Just as important, in his humane and engaging way, Milton conveyed to millions an understanding of the economic benefits of free, competitive markets, as well as the close connection that economic freedoms bear to other types of liberty. He will be sorely missed."
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home