Monday, November 13, 2006

I found out an interesting piece of info for all of you poker buffs.....

So I was on the phone with Bob Friedman - the former CEO of AMC theaters - for a couple hours on Friday and he touched on something that I thought you all might be very interested in knowing.

So we were discussing the cyclical vs. secular story for movie exhibitioners, and then he ran off estimates of how people spend their time today and he told me that poker was beginning to take up too large a chunk of the core customer - 15 to 30 yr olds - time and that it was Hollywood that derailed the online poker business. He said Vegas had a little part in it, but that the Hollywood lobby basically got this thing taken offline b/c it has been bad for the movie business. I had never really thought of that before, and take this guy for his word as he is a member of the academy and was an executive of a major theater circuit.

Anyways, so if your upset with what has happened then take a walk, read a book, but don't watch a movie or else you are playing right along.

Ben

2 Comments:

Blogger rvb1977 said...

Anyone know how to get a hold of Craig?

9:49 AM  
Blogger Odoacer said...

go to the UBS website, get the phone number for the New York headquarters. Ask for him when you get reception.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home