Thursday, November 09, 2006

Another Good Thing about the Democrats....

Read your bloomberg news story entitled "Democrats hold grudge against companies that backed republicans".

Basically it said that pharma and oil were going to get hurt and hedge funds and the financial industry would be helped out as they were the major backers of the democrats.

Thats right fellas, the financial industry is largely democratic, you know why? Because it takes money to be a democrat and finance guys have money.

Ben

11 Comments:

Blogger Fresh said...

I'm not sure that the finance industry is typically democratic. I just think that, as far as the recent presidential election went, finance guys understand that in the long run you cannot spend more than you take in.

I'll also argue your assertion that it takes money to be a democrat. Why is it then that democrats typically carry the black and hispanic vote as well as the senior vote? Not to be bigoted, but all three of those groups have incomes far beneath the national average.

Oh yeah, I remember. Ever heard of a transfer payment?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

Democrats are rich dude, as it takes alot of money to be like i don't care if you raise my taxes a little bit. The finance industry is long democratic also buddy, for example, Buffet and Soros are huge democrats - actually soros is the largest political donor in the country.

Trust me that there is strong correlation between level of education and being a democrat. Republicans tend to ignorant uneducated people that believe what they are told.

The lower classes are democrats and have no money b/c they have no other choice. I am saying the people that actually influence elections and gov't that are democrats are really rich and think beyond their own pocketbook like the greedy rich fucks from drug companies, oil companies, bush and co. etc.

lets see, of the richest 10 people in the country, everyone of them is a democrat. Hmmm.

9:37 AM  
Blogger blog_name said...

Hank Paulson

9:38 AM  
Blogger blog_name said...

Hollywood tends to be the brightest of the bunch. How can you argue against someone as rational as Tom Cruise. Mr. Cruise is very educated in the field of physiology, just ask Brook Shields.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Fresh said...

#6 Jim Walton donated 900k to political campaigns. More than 800k was to republicans.

#9 Michael Dell donated $840k to election campaigns during 2005. $760k of it was to Republicans.

#9 Alice Walton donated money to George Bush's campaign.

I don't have time to look up the others, but I'm guessing the other Waltons in the top 10 lean to the right as well. That's half of the top 10.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Fresh said...

BTW, over his lifetime, Gates has given more money to Republicans than Democrats. In 2005, he donated to ERICPAC (Every Republican Is Crucial).

10:28 AM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

I walton's are definitely repubicans for only one reason and that is too open up the borders. I don't think Dell is in the top ten anymore.

But i can gurantee the top two are strong democrats.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

i am not arguing with you, you are from texas...i can't change your mind.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Fresh said...

Gates is a Republican according to his history of campaign contributions. That's a fact.

And I fail to see what my being from Texas has to do with anything. I lived in Illinois almost as long as I lived in Texas. I didn't vote in this election because I was disgusted with both candidates.

I won't vote for a Republican again until we find someone fiscally responsible.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Fresh said...

I keep thinking about this and I'm pretty sure the Waltons are Republican for more than one reason.

1.) They're from the south. They're socially conservative. You can't even buy a cd with the f-word on it at Wal-mart.

2.) They're rich. I'm sure they're not opposed to lower taxes.

3.) They may stand to lose quite a bit if minimum wage gets bumped.

4.) Protectionism directly impacts Wal-Mart's procurement costs.

I'm sure that there are more.

4:21 PM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

There are many disenfranchised republicans right now that hate the right wing fanatics and hate the liberal spending right now. So your not alone. Unfortunately they are all gangsters as Ben said. Republicans and Democrats are the biggest gangs as Tupac said.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home