Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mark Ready?!?!?!?!?

I have nothing against Mark Ready, he has great glasses and is far smarter than I ever will be. That said is he really the guy to lead ASAP??? Not sure I agree with this move, not that they asked in the first place

15 Comments:

Blogger MattKelly54 said...

At least Spellman is there as an anchor to the ASAP boat.

Good luck guys.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Odoacer said...

For those of us not in the ASAP information flow, please enlighten us. Fedenia left? What's the story there?

5:35 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

There are probably very few who know the whole story. I certainly don't know it all...

9:42 PM  
Blogger blog_name said...

RVB do you know any of the story besides that Mark has decided to leave, was it on his own terms

6:20 AM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

I get the feeling that ASAP will be like brand management now, but worse.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rumor around here is that some prominent ASAP alumni may have played a role in this decision.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Odoacer said...

Since Mark Ready seems to be a controversial replacement, I am just curious who people think should have been picked to run ASAP? I would probably pick Mello although he seems to be more focused on ACFIN. I dont particularly have any issue with Ready though either.

2:12 PM  
Blogger blog_name said...

I'm fine with Mark Ready as a teacher, however his interpersonal skills interacting with outside (non-ASAP almuni) professionals doesn't give my comfort, but maybe he will do good. I agree that Melo would be great but he wasn't or is going back to work with GS. Jay Selensky (sp?) at Madison Investment Advirsors is my choice but he already has a good deal. My guess is this is a bandaid for 1 yr until they have more time to do a larger search.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Odoacer said...

Didnt know Melo was going back to GS. Too bad for UW if that is the case.

5:10 PM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

Well it will be an interesting reunion next year.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Fresh said...

I don't understand this at all, but nobody asked me. I'm wondering if the general feeling amongst alumni isn't that students are coming out underprepared in the fundamental areas. Ergo, there is a need for greater academic rigor... so let's put someone who is more of an academic in place.

Or it could be that Ready is a one year solution. The job search is going to be interesting for the class of 2008. Could be good, could be tough.

8:20 AM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

I do not believe Mark left on his own terms but I am not around anymore. There have been a few good people suggested but either aren't ready or have a good gig like Jay S. does. It will be interesting to see what happens from here...Placement and recruiting are up since Kevin arrived.

And, yes, Mello is gone now - back to London but I don't think it is GS. It's something else. He wouldn't have been my choice for ASAP - just not the right fit. The comment about ready's interpersonal skills are interesting but at the same time, was MFed any better interpersonally? I'm not sure about that.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Fresh said...

I think Fedenia may be a little better connected to the non-academic world, but I really don't know all that much about Ready other than I took his class and he's a nice guy.

I believe Mello told mattkelly54 that he was going to work in private equity.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Jas said...

Mello is going to teach at a school in London (the name escapes me) and be the head of finance consulting in Europe for Charles River Associates.

My reservations about Ready have been mentioned, namely that I perceive him as being to academic.

I think MFed leaving was the Dean's call with support from some alumni. I am just glad to be out of the program so it is somebody elses problem.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

The WORST Thing that happened to UW finance is that Mello left. He made my entire time there worthwhile, which is why i took 3 of his classes and actually learned the most from him.

Ready is bad choice imo. Great class, poor teacher, not familiar with the system, not familiar with alumni, nervous about program future.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home