We have seen this show before. Why is the bond market bi-polar? Yields go up and then they come down. It is crazy to me to think that GDP is supposedly going to pull a 180 after slowing to a near halt. And people like Fred Hickey always site that the job market is really weak even though the Fed reports unemployment is low. Well theoretically they should want the job market to be weak to show that inflationary pressures are low. Labor is still to this day the majority of inflation. If Labor costs go up, I will be dead wrong. But unfortunately I see some troubles developing:
The construction market has to be horrendous.
If bond yields due go up it hurts the economy some what through higher mortgage rates.
GDP is weak.
Fred Hickey tells me that the job scene is horrible.
I think if teh economy is really this crappy that treasury bonds are a safe bet to rally back to at least the other end of the trading range.
Counterpoint on the strength of the economy: Manufacturing seems to be turning around. Grainger reported 8% average daily sales growth y/y for the month of May. They sell basic industrial and maintenance supplies. If they are humming along then manufacturing is probably doing alright.
8 Comments:
It makes me want to be long Treasuries.
We have seen this show before. Why is the bond market bi-polar? Yields go up and then they come down. It is crazy to me to think that GDP is supposedly going to pull a 180 after slowing to a near halt. And people like Fred Hickey always site that the job market is really weak even though the Fed reports unemployment is low. Well theoretically they should want the job market to be weak to show that inflationary pressures are low. Labor is still to this day the majority of inflation. If Labor costs go up, I will be dead wrong. But unfortunately I see some troubles developing:
The construction market has to be horrendous.
If bond yields due go up it hurts the economy some what through higher mortgage rates.
GDP is weak.
Fred Hickey tells me that the job scene is horrible.
I think if teh economy is really this crappy that treasury bonds are a safe bet to rally back to at least the other end of the trading range.
Netflix: Come on down baby. 9$ I can feel you. Come on $12 even? Please.
Please Mr. Market allow me to buy NFLX at $12. I will be good for a year.
Counterpoint on the strength of the economy: Manufacturing seems to be turning around. Grainger reported 8% average daily sales growth y/y for the month of May. They sell basic industrial and maintenance supplies. If they are humming along then manufacturing is probably doing alright.
Is that dollar growth, or volume?
dollar
what is volume growth?
Baron Guy de Rothschild dies at 98.
Now I know where Ben has been. Formulating his rise to power in the underworld illuminati society.
Ben's skull and bones all the way. Trying to work his way up in the Bush dynasty.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home