Monday, June 11, 2007

Limited Lifespan

Our firm sublets space from a small, formerly large, hedge fund. My office is next door to one of the PM's, and he talks quite loud so needless to say I hear a lot - I am sure the SEC will have a field day with that if they ever audit us or them. Anyway, they were short BWLD in March and long PNRA in May. No wonder they have space to sublet...

8 Comments:

Blogger MattKelly54 said...

Who in the world is El Sid?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Odoacer said...

He is the misspelled name for El Cid, the great Spanish Warlord of 11th century. My misspelling was partially due to my remembering the 1980's poster, perhaps a Sports Illustrated cover, of Milwaukee Bucks great Sidney Moncrief, with the title "El Sid". Never change your name in a hurry. At least I came out better than the kid in "Freakonomics" whose parent wanted to name him Shateed and instead the hospital put Shithead on the birth certificate.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Fresh said...

The ever changing names make me head spin.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Odoacer said...

Same here. I can justify it only in that my names are all the names of warlords. If you see the name of a warlord, you know who it is. I am taking nominations for the next incarnation...

9:37 AM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

My name is the name of a warlord also.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Nomad-amus said...

matt that was an awesome response!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

enough with the changing names.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

I have been long el silverado and stay long el silverado. fucking jerry hou should have taken the other side of that silver swap i offered him a year ago, would have been a good income producer for him...in the st...still would be a loser in the LT

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home