Friday, December 21, 2007

Year End Review

Caught up in year end reflection, I was hoping people will share their best and worst picks for the past year, both in the PA and in the professional setting (if you can), and top long and short idea for the coming year. Again, this can be vague or thematic if you prefer or need be.

Best PA Picks
GRMN
MTW

Worst PA Picks
JBL
WAG

Best Professional Picks
CL
PEP
TXT
SLB
RIG

Worst Professional Picks
WAG
MSM (Buy now IMHO)
BP
Selling JEC mid year.

Top long for 2008
MLHR

Top Short or avoid being long idea
Sell China (actually I think I have been saying this for a while but I really mean it now!)

Happy Holidays everyone.

P.S. I exited ABK down 10%. Made 15% net on the 2 positions on a 6 week trade. Conclusion: not bad but probably not enough to justify the risk.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fresh said...

No DRS?

Best personal picks?

-Corrections Corp of America (CXW)
-Global Cash Access (GCA)
-Lin-TV (TVL)
-K&F Industries (KFI)

Worst personal picks?

-American Airlines (AMR)
-RH Donnelley (RHD)

Best professional picks?

-Global Cash Access stock
-Global Cash Access bonds
-K&F Industries bonds
-VNU Nielsen bonds
-L-3 Communications bonds (no brainer at 8% yields)
-AMC Entertainment bonds

Worst professional picks?

-Station bonds (this one works, IMO)
-Univision bonds (also works)
-Fontainebleau bonds

We mostly lost on Station and Univision because its been bad to be long high yield beta... there's some issue specific stuff going on there as well, but both stories are still in tact (though not as good as they once were).

I'm sure there's others.

12:12 AM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

Best pro pick: Investools (SWIM)
Best PA Pick: FMT puts, gold

Worst pro picks: everything else
Worst PA pick: DFS (which I am about to sell to avoid taxes)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Wind22 said...

Best pro pick: KIM (Short)

Work pro pick: Realogy (Long)

Best personal pick: CROX (Short)

Work personal pick: DPDW (Long) Will be best pick next year:)

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home