Thursday, September 28, 2006

ASAP 2006

This is probably one of the funnier/most absurd things I have ever come across. Apparently expeditors does not do earnings conference calls but instead responds to questions monthly via an 8-k. Some of the questions and answers are fairly mundane. Before you get bored, with the mundane, make sure you read the last question and the response.

http://www.investor.expeditors.com/fd/8-k_08-22-06.pdf

5 Comments:

Blogger blog_name said...

classy individuals...albeit funny nonetheless

5:06 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

That is hysterical.

I love companies who just run their show, the way they want to run it without letting us crusty finance people get in their way.

They've been doing quite well, up a mere 2,000 percent in 10 years.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Odoacer said...

Interesting. I have the opposite view of companies who treat us finance types that way. But then the last guy I saw dish it out like that was an ex McKinsley guy who is now waiting for his sentencing...

9:28 PM  
Blogger Fresh said...

Good stuff. That guy was asking for it.

I find that the more debt financing a company has, the more accessible management is. Perhaps that's because we have real recourse if you don't play by our rules.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Wind22 said...

I have been short EXPD for the last three months, but I am starting to like it.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home