Thursday, January 04, 2007

V for Vendetta

So I received V for Vendetta as a Christmas present and have now seen it four times (twice in the theater). I know Matt Kelly has seen it, but have anyone else seen it?

The obvious jabs at the administration of the United States were comical to me at first. But I have to say that they are starting to ring true.

Surely there must be someone else (Silverado, Top Tick) who agrees.

5 Comments:

Blogger MattKelly54 said...

It was said during the last election that the administration was running a campaign of fear. If you agree with that, then I would say that the movie rips that fairly hard. Having npt seen it for a while, it is hard for me to totally get excited about it, because it seemingly romantacized terrorism to some degree, which i cannot support.

I agree that I would rather die than be protected by the government against myself. I find it repulsive that in this country many of our freedoms are routinely taken away and not a whole lot of people are standing up and saying anything any more. I just saw an amazing documentary on Hunter S Thompson. That guy had it right in my opinion. A unique guy to say the least.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Fresh said...

Terrorism depends on perspective, don't you think? If you're the British, the Colonists dumping tea into the Boston Harbor was an act of terror.

The strongest parallel to me is the fact that our gov't currently paints anyone who disagrees with their policy as anti-American at best and a supporter of terrorism at worst. I mean they named an unconstitutional set of rules the Patriot Act. Try explaining to your constituents that you voted against that one.

Not to mention that they seem a little shady and covert under the guise of conservatism and religion.

9:08 AM  
Blogger blog_name said...

Ahhh, Hunter Thompson lives on. Thanks for the reference to a great individual. I believe a lot could benefit from reading less investing/finance publications and more from Mr. Thompson.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

i am currently buying bars of silver and hoarding pennies. soon i will begin to build a stash of guns....i won't be caught empty handed when the day of reckoning comes.

I took the movie like this: who is the terrorist - the gov't and the shadowy figures that pull the strings for their own agenda (aka the rockerfeller / rothschild types) or the people who fight back against them? The rich / powerful gov't / industry folks also control the media, which is powerful, so if the media paints the rebels as dangerous terrorists and distort their story it makes the weak and uneducated simply believe that they are evil.

People are being dumbed down constantly - we spend 1000x more on war and fake security measures than education. The education system is broke, but it serves a purpose b/c if everyone can analyze and think the way we can it is dangerous for the very small amount of people that hold the power. People hold the power ultimately; the trick of the elite is managing the psychology and consensus of the masses.

BTW; I do believe Saddam died, unlike Ken Lay who is definitely still alive, as I secretly watched that shit on youtube.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Fresh said...

There is a reason not to fund the education system, silver. It is hard for the bottom to rise up if they don't even realize that they are still disadvantaged and depressed. The rich want to keep the top on top and the bottom on bottom.

That said, the bottom here are a lot better off than the bottom elsewhere. And even the broken education system here is better than the education system elsewhere. For example, in Britain you are told whether or not you'll be anyone when you grow up at about 14. I don't know about you guys, but I was doing an awful lot of fucking around at 14.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home