Thursday, July 12, 2007

Whole Foods CEO

What in the world is this idiot thinking?

First, he runs his mouth about how the Whole Foods purchase of Wild Oats will eliminate their only competitor in key markets, prevent a nasty price war, and prevent a national player from acquiring a natural foods company. Pretty much the definition of anti-competitive. Surprise, surprise... the FTC shoots down the merger (I think it probably goes through if he just shuts his friggin' mouth).

Now, it comes out that he has been posting on the Yahoo! Whole Foods blog for 7 years!!! What CEO has time for all of this? And worse yet, most of his postings are railing on Wild Oats which he says "has no value".

If I'm a shareholder in this company, I am horribly concerned. 1) This guy blew a merger, largely because he has a big mouth. 2) This guy has way too much time on his hands and really poor judgement. 3) He's acquiring companies that he has publicly said have no value.

1 Comments:

Blogger Odoacer said...

One of the better calls I have made in the last year was keeping our firm out of the stock late last September. He's a nutbag.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home