Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cid.. Opinions welcome

OK Cid. I am on board with SLM. I like it. What do you think? I pretty much like the whole business. Seems better than a mortgage insurance company.

It seems you were right thus far with the bond insurers. Good picks. I need to become more of a value investor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Odoacer said...

I have absolutely nothing intelligent to say about SLM. Not even a semi-informed point of view to offer. Sorry, cant help here.

I think Blog Name is the the resident expert in financials as I believe he covers them at his respective employer. I would contact him and will, if I decide to delve into the space again.

FYI, fellow job seekers (I know I am not the only one), Heartland posted a position the CFA Website. I would think Adam would be a valuable resource for those who did not exhaust their intellectual credibility by pitching overvalued orthopedic and generic drug stocks in ASAP.

5:40 PM  
Blogger blog_name said...

Peak told me they are looking for an analyst. And with Adam being named a PM this year maybe someone could report to Peck :)

SLM, used to love the company eariler this yr. I'm starting to take another look at this ex. JC Flowers and trying to see what President Clinton may due to student lenders.

On a side note anyone see that Goldman made a big investment into FMD? Kind of strange in my mind. Glad I recommended to pass on FMD at $45

7:41 AM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

I was pretty much in heat over the PFDs at 66. Seemed a little to good to be true.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home