Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Investor Conferences

Anyone going to any interesting conferences in the near future

14 Comments:

Blogger Nomad-amus said...

GSF RIG

However, based on past behaviour of MK and TopTick, I'm hitting the ask in SIZE on the FED Sept Puts at $20, since I'm an idiot and let someone talk me out of buying 100 CFC put contracts @ $35 three weeks ago for $0.25 - a $2,500 bet that would be worth $23,000 today.

1:23 AM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

If anyone knows any financials conferences I would go.

TopTicker-

What brokerage is giving you those quotes? I can't find $20 strike puts on Yahoo, or E*trade.

7:06 AM  
Blogger blog_name said...

MK - MER and GS and C all have strong financial conferences, unfortunately they are held during the 3rd and 4th quarter of the yr.

JPM has a gaming,lodging and resturant conference in Vegas next week, nicely scheduled during the college basketball tourney.

8:06 AM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

True, if you want let me know which you will be at and I will go. The crappier the companies involved the better for what I do.

Also, I will be in Vegas on Thursday through Sunday of next week. On non business.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Nomad-amus said...

Cramer talks about market manipulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=708wDFX28lc

hey, i have two questions for bond guys:
1) what "boomberg" command do you use to get accrued interest?
2) what is the command you use for the treasury curve?

Thanks fellas.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Nomad-amus said...

MK - Fidelity has those quotes

12:24 PM  
Blogger Fresh said...

Paul,

1) For a specific bond, do a trade ticket on said bond (BXT or SXT) and it will calculate the accrued interest for you.

2) USSW is a great command for interest rate data. It will give you the 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, and 30. You can surmise the curve from there. It also gives various libors, swap curves, mortgage yields, etc.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

GOING to Grant's Spring Investment Conference in a month.

Going to a phat media bus tour in LA next week; we are spending monday afternoon at Sumner Redstone's house for a BBQ.

Also, does anyone know when the next Value Investing Congress is being held?

9:14 PM  
Blogger blog_name said...

Silver - Value Investing Congress meets the first week of May. You should go, a little pricy but would be well worth it. I would think more strongly of going but will be in Italy for a wedding. I think MK is interested. Tom Brown's website has link for a pretty good discount.

I'm going to Napa Valley this summer for a bank conference. Not sure why it needs to be in Napa but why not. Can I refer to that as a "phat" conference..:)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

I am going to go to Value Investor Congress than...no need for discount as FIDO pays for anything we want to attend.

THanks

6:49 AM  
Blogger blog_name said...

Ben you should also then go to the additional conference the day before which is put on by W. Tilson Glenn Tongue. W.Tilson is the editor of ValueInvestor Insight which is a must have in my mind, monthly subscription that you should have in addition to O.I.D.

1:19 PM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

I would love to go to the Congress, but I cant justify an equity conference during the week as a use for vacation.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

look, i am not sure how it is at other larger shops that some of you work at, but the major benefit of working for fido is that we are allowed to go to any conference/trade show/hq visit etc. that we want...downside is that i basically work for the gov't. most bureeaucratic buy side shop out there.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Odoacer said...

Silverado,

Welcome to the investment industry, the most heavily regulated private industry in the country. While I sure Fido has its share of bureacracy unique to itself, a fair amount of it is industry wide - at least if you are at any decent sized shop. The upside is, you can start your own shop someday and let others deal with the buracracy that you create.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home