Friday, March 02, 2007

STZ

Anyone know this name? I bought it in Marketocracy, but not real money. They have 100% distribution of Corona in US, and own some solid brands. Apparently wine is just killing them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Odoacer said...

I did a brief review of them at work about 2 months ago. Australian grape glut and weak sales in the UK. They have significantly lower margins than their competitors which I believe is due to their wholesale business. I never went the next step to quantify anything. Wine and premium spirit volume growth is probably rolling over in the US and with these other issues, I figured it wasnt worth pursuing in greater detail.

10:09 AM  
Blogger MattKelly54 said...

It may be right now. Low teens multiple of cash flow. Its at least interesting. I know that Nygren has owned it. Worth a look.

12:19 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

We owned it in ASAP but dumped it after the selloff in Jan. I don't cover it, though. Sweet does.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home