Short Grossman and the Bears defense has been decidedly mediocre since a bunch of the players got injured in the last few weeks of the season. Plus, can a Packer fan ever, ever pick the Bears!?!
The Saints' defense is something like 28th in the league in turnovers forced. They're 23rd in rush defense. And their corners are uninspiring. I just don't see them forcing the type of errors that a really good defense could force.
The Bears have the fastest linebackers in the league (which they will need to slow Reggie Bush down), 3 pro bowl caliber CBs, and a handful of very good pass rushing ends. If the Bears can get a push up the middle from their DTs (an area that has been particularly lacking in recent weeks), they should do well.
Of course, the Saints have a lot of offensive weapons. I think it'll be a good game, but the weather plays into the Bears' strengths.
Fresh - thanks for the in-depth analysis. Of course the bears bearly beat a very uninspiring Seahawks team that didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs
Yes, and the Saints barely beat an Eagles team whose primary offensive weapons include Donte Stallworth, Reggie Brown, and Jeff Garcia and whose defense is older than dirt.
I'll be honest here... I don't think any of the remaining four teams are all that inspiring.
6 Comments:
Bears and Patriots are both locks.
Saints and Patriots.
Short Grossman and the Bears defense has been decidedly mediocre since a bunch of the players got injured in the last few weeks of the season. Plus, can a Packer fan ever, ever pick the Bears!?!
Vikings
The Saints' defense is something like 28th in the league in turnovers forced. They're 23rd in rush defense. And their corners are uninspiring. I just don't see them forcing the type of errors that a really good defense could force.
The Bears have the fastest linebackers in the league (which they will need to slow Reggie Bush down), 3 pro bowl caliber CBs, and a handful of very good pass rushing ends. If the Bears can get a push up the middle from their DTs (an area that has been particularly lacking in recent weeks), they should do well.
Of course, the Saints have a lot of offensive weapons. I think it'll be a good game, but the weather plays into the Bears' strengths.
Fresh - thanks for the in-depth analysis. Of course the bears bearly beat a very uninspiring Seahawks team that didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs
Yes, and the Saints barely beat an Eagles team whose primary offensive weapons include Donte Stallworth, Reggie Brown, and Jeff Garcia and whose defense is older than dirt.
I'll be honest here... I don't think any of the remaining four teams are all that inspiring.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home