Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Beware of Investing in Asia...

I was reading an article recently about the consequences of China's one child law. It is currently estimated that in the coming years some 30 million males will be unable to find spouses due to the Chinese propensity to either abort or give up for adoption baby girls. I think this fact is fairly well known but I havent heard anyone think about the consequences.

Think about it. Think about how you feel when you've gone a little while without getting laid. Anxious, irritable, perhaps a bit aggressive. Now consider 30 million Chinese males living like this perpetually. Thats a lot of high strung men many of which will presumably be in the Army. Go long Asian whore houses and short any country likely to be invaded by an army composed of Chinese men who desperately need to get laid.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fresh said...

Maybe that's why our government keeps invading other countries...

3:21 PM  
Blogger Nomad-amus said...

good analysis, but the whore houses will fix the bottleneck. if the women are working at full capacity, everything is fine. so, long whore houses yes, there is no need to short neighboring countries. China has a defensive culture. Ask any native.

11:06 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

GT, MW -

I applied to Fisher & AmCentury. Fisher has called me back, and I just hit submit on AmCentury. GT - let me know your thoughts, I only remember your sour facial expression last time I brought 'em up.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Not Sure if Al Gore or Global Warming is a Bigger Joke said...

The female problem isn't even in the top 3 concerns w/ the China story. #1 by far is their water problem. #2 is their consumption / economic growth curve is accelerating and energy supplies are becoming more expensive and hard to secure. #3 is China's ability to manage capital / currency issues when it really opens up its capital window to foreigners and lets the yuan float freely, which will make imports (namely energy imports) much more expensive and their debt assets (mainly of the USA) worth alot less in purchasing power terms.

In terms of the female problem, Matt has a good point about baby factories and brothels being a big time growing biz in the future. However, 30 million isn't really that many people on a percentage basis its only a little over 2% today and will be less in the future when (and if) this estimate materializes. So, I agree that there will be some upset men, but seriously there are so many successful men who prefer whores anyway (quicker, cheaper, not time consuming, lots of variety) that you could argue this will make them more efficient.

I can tell you from living with my girlfriend now for 6mo that I was much more effective w/ out living w/ a signinificant other.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home