Quick Update
LA is a blast even if I spend most of my waking hours either at work or changing diapers.
I would put even odds that GDP is revised to negative territory when it is all said and done. The Fed waited too long and over compensated as a result. When I was talking up rate cuts, I was thinking last fall and dropping it to 4% or maybe 3.5%. Not much room left when you drop it to 2%. The tax rebate underway now is a joke. You could take that $150 billion use it a lot more constructively than providing a generic handout. I have been in favor of government intervention despite knowing the general incompetence of governments but this has blown me away. Based on Kanye West's thesis I would say George Bush doesnt hate black people, he hates everyone. But hey, Bush and his cronies wont be around to pick up the pieces.

1 Comments:
At the Berkshire annual meeting this weekend, I saw a presentation by Whitney Tilson. It pretty convincingly showed that residential real estate is going to get much worse.
So on the cab to the airport, we are talking about plans to save it, and the cab driver says "Do you know who I can talk to, to lower my mortgage?". The risk is that you are pooring gasoline on a hot fire, by letting people refinance their mortgage.
Yes, so you work out some mortgages, but you let the system work. Let the agents work out there own loans, the government really does not need to be involved, I do not even see how it is possible. Then you let the system work. Bankers are not dumb, foreclosures are killing them. You let them work it out. The last thing a banker wants right now is foreclosure.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home