Hasta La Vista
After nearly two years I recently collected my 2007 bonus and said farewell to American Century. They say timing is everything. Well, I had a little misfortune in starting my career one month before the PM I thought I would be working for decided to resign. He was replaced by a very heavy momentum, technical analysis guy. To say the least we did not see eye to eye, and I never was going to talk about 200 day moving averages, head & shoulders, neck lines etc. After trying to do work and look for a new job at the same time over the past 2 months I decided it would be better, and easier to cut ties and focus all my efforts on finding a firm whose style/philosophies fit with the way I approach investing.
Anyway, there appears to be a decent number of firms looking for analysts in case anyone else is looking. I recently went to T. Rowe Price and Legg Mason to interview and had a phone interview with Marsico. There is hope. To the extent anyone hears of analyst openings or has good recruiter contacts please keep me in mind. My contact info is below.
In the meantime I’m off to Naples FL for a few days to decompress. Hope all is well with everyone.
Matt Weight
612-387-9540
mweight3@hotmail.com
Anyway, there appears to be a decent number of firms looking for analysts in case anyone else is looking. I recently went to T. Rowe Price and Legg Mason to interview and had a phone interview with Marsico. There is hope. To the extent anyone hears of analyst openings or has good recruiter contacts please keep me in mind. My contact info is below.
In the meantime I’m off to Naples FL for a few days to decompress. Hope all is well with everyone.
Matt Weight
612-387-9540
mweight3@hotmail.com

4 Comments:
Congrats. I did the same not too long ago.
Janus has been hiring - Adam Schor, an ASAP alum, is a client PM there and could be helpful.
Hotchkis and Wiley in LA will likely be hiring. They are hard core fundamental value and have about $25b in AUM.
The value team at RS Investments was hiring. I interviewed but did not advance. You would be a good fit with them so I would encourage you to contact them.
Franklin Templeton, in Fort Lauderdale, was looking for an analyst.
Becker Capital in Portland was looking for an analyst. They might be smaller than what you prefer though and I dont know much about them other than that they are a value shop.
You might want to give Patrick Chrysler a ring. Given he meets with a lot of managers, he might have some ideas.
Good luck and let me know if I can help.
FYI, you can get a trial to Bloomberg for up to 4 months while you are looking for a job. You download the software to your laptop and get a temp login (or the same one you had at work if you had one). Immensely valuable for staying on top of things while you unemployed.
You should work at Marsico. I understand that it is not easy, but take that job and do not look back. Rainstorms are made there.
Good luck Matt. If I see anything I will let you know. I would echo el cid's comment on Bloomberg. I interviewed a couple places where the only places they advertised the positions were on BB.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home