Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wow.....The Bernanke Put.. How many bullets left?

I love this. I am noticing a trend. The market goes down, someone steps in and tries to "save" it, and then it crashes right in their face.

It is actually amusing. We are in the age of not letting our kids lose in t-ball. No dodge ball. And now no market losses. Lets take it like men. Push the matrix button. Reset that shit. Lets see who is in the ocean without swim trunks on. Ambac, they were stark naked. MBIA, same deal. Structured finance, I am feeling awful cold. Why are we so afraid to let chips fall? Lets go. Get it over with. No more bail outs. Grab a sack.

1 Comments:

Blogger Odoacer said...

The difference between you and I is that you seem to believe the invisible hand is moral and rational. If left to its own devices it will yield positive results. I think it is true 95% of the time but also believe the market is amoral and irrational, subject to extremes in both directions. Further, the extremes take on a life of their own and yield unpredictable outcomes. Fully trusting the market is is kind of like wishing for a forest fire to clear out the underbrush. I would prefer to have the forest service limiting it even if it doesnt completely clear it out.

This doesnt mean I believe in all intervention. The tax rebate plan is crap.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home